We recently attended Genuine Health’s #LoveHowYouFeel workshop hosted by yummy mummy nutritionist, Joy McCarthy. We learned all about how to keep our guts happy + healthy and made these smoothie bowls. Here are 2 recipes, one for a green bowl and one for berry lovers. Mmmm… like eating a rainbow!
Coconut Crunch Green Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 banana
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 apple
- 1⁄2 avocado
- handful of spinach
- thumb size piece of ginger
- 1 scoop fermented vegan proteins+ coconut flavour
- 1 scoop vegan greens+ o natural
- add almond or soy milk to desired consistency
This bowl was Criselda’s delicious creation. She is the Editor’s Assistant of House & Home.
Strawberry Froyo Bowl Ingredients:
Preparation for both bowls:
1. Blend all ingredients. If you use the exact portions listed, the consistency will be smooth and thick enough so your toppings won’t drown in the smoothie.
2. Now for the fun part! Top with sliced fruits, nuts, chia or hemp seeds, shredded coconut, goji berries and whatever stirs up your fancy!
Fermentation is a really cool process. One that happens organically in nature and intentionally in controlled environments. Yogurt, tempeh, kimchi, kombucha and yes, even wine are all fermented products that amplify your nutrition and keep your gut happy. To find out more, visit the Genuine Health website.